Join 250 local food council members, entrepreneurs, educators, farmers, local government and health professionals, and other advocates interested building community through food.
This year’s NC Food Council Gathering will be held on December 5 – 6, 2019 at the Rocky Mount Event Center at 285 NE Main St, Rocky Mount, NC 27801.
The Thursday evening social will be held at Rocky Mount Mills at 1151 Falls Rd, Rocky Mount, NC 27804.
Early bird registration, August – October 15: $75
Regular registration, October 16 – November 18: $100
Late Registration, November 19 – December 5: $150
Schedule at a Glance
Breaks and beverage refreshments offered throughout each day
Thursday, Dec 5th
- 9:00am Registration opens
- 9:30am Welcome + Context Setting
- 10:00am Keynote, Natalie Burke, Common Health Action
- 11:30am Regional breakouts
- 12:15pm Lunch
- 1:00pm Workshop 1
- 2:30pm Workshop 2
- 4:00 pm Fun Zone open!
- 5:30pm Social Hour with refreshments at Rocky Mount Mills
- 7:30pm Dinner on your own
Friday, Dec 6th
- 8:00am Registration & Breakfast
- 8:30am Workshop 3
- 10:00am Affinity group breakouts
- 11:15am Workshop 4
- 12:30pm Lunch, Keynote begins 1pm Jessica Holmes, Wake County Board of Commissioners
- 2:15pm Ignite Presentations – speed talks by food council members and partners
- 3:15pm Closing
- 3:30pm Adjourn
Each food council in the North Carolina Network of Food Councils will receive two free registrations and travel allowance for one hotel room and one vehicle. Region leads will send all food council leaders information on how to take advantage of these scholarships.
Be a sponsor!
We invite organizations and businesses to support this event with financial sponsorship. We are open to creative ideas for sponsors to contribute and add value to this event. See the sponsorship opportunities. Please contact Gini Knight at (919) 515-5362 or at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or ideas.
Special thanks to our event sponsors: