The next food council micro-grants will be offered in 2020!
After multiple learning webinars and discussions with food council members, we decided to delay the 2020 micro-grant cycle to include more funds per award and integrate a shared gifting process to distribute the funds by the six regions of food councils in North Carolina.
In early 2020, we will be inviting food council representatives to participate in an Advisory Circle to finalize the application process, shared gifting event, and reporting. Based on the 2019 exploratory conversations with food council members and partners we created a tentative plan:
- All active NC food councils that have been involved in the network for at least a year, based on the Network map updated the January of the year of the grant cycle.
- All NC food councils, whether applying for grant funds or not, are invited to participate in the shared gifting day to distribute funds.
Responsibilities of Applicants
- Respond to grant invitation naming your intention to apply
- Secure appropriate fiscal agent
- Submit simple application (1-3 pages)
- Ensure two or three food council members attend shared gifting event in fall 2020
- Complete an evaluation of the process
- Share a photo and progress update of the work
Tentative 2020 Timeline
- May: Shared Gifting Overview webinar
- July: Grant invitation sent to all active councils, with a request to respond with intent to apply
- August: Application deadline
- September – November: Shared gifting event by region in conjunction with regional gatherings
Shared Gifting Background