We’re co-hosting regional gatherings this fall for food councils across the state. These gatherings are held to deepen your partnerships and encourage inspiration and innovation within your communities. Each regional lead on the Community Food Strategies team is working with a small group of food council members in that region to develop the agenda and goals for each region’s gathering.
These planning teams are working to develop an engaging session that involves sharing a meal and meeting new people, and also the following:
- Networking between food councils and partners
- Stories from local food councils
- Opportunities increase collaboration and community engagement
- Engagement or learning topic specific to each region
The agendas for each gathering will be different based on the requests of the region.
Who should come?
Food council leaders should invite all of your food council members and key partners to attend. We highly encourage two or more food council members to attend the regional gathering that they most closely identify with. Attendance by multiple council members will greatly increase the networking and learning that happens at these gatherings. Food council members are also welcome to attend multiple gatherings.
As more details, agendas, and RSVPs are finalized, we’ll add them.
If you have questions or would like to join one of the planning committees for a regional gathering, please contact the region leads listed below.
Sep 27, Charlotte, 5:30 – 8:30pm
- Citizens Resource Center, 1303 Dallas-Cherryville Hwy, Dallas, NC
- Contact Jared Cates, email@example.com, with questions.
Oct 1, Northeast, 12:00 – 4:45pm
- Pitt County Agricultural Center, 403 Government Circle, Greenville, NC 27834
- Contact Llogan Walters, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.
Oct 15, West, 10:00 – 2:00pm
- Universal Building at McDowell Technical Community College, 634 College Dr, Marion, NC 28752
- Contact Amy Marion, email@example.com, with questions.
Nov 9, Triangle, 1:00 – 4:30pm, optional lunch at 11:30am
- Sheraton Imperial Hotel, 4700 Emperor Blvd, Durham, NC 27703
- Contact Megan Bolejack, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.
Nov 13, Triad, 10:00am – 2:00pm
- High Point Museum, 1859 E Lexington Ave, High Point, NC 27262
- Contact Gini Knight, email@example.com, with questions.
Feb 1, 2019 Southeast, 9:30am – 2:00pm
- Cape Fear Community College, Union Station Building, 502 N. Front Street, Room U-512, Wilmington, NC
- RSVP here
- Contact Abbey Piner, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions.